Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Who wants to help? Anyone? Anyone? Buehller? Buehller?

See that pile of fur? It's only the beginning my friend.
That's a whole lotta fluff.

Some of you may recall that we gave our beloved KiKi a collar for Christmas. Although it seemed like a good idea at the time, it turns out it was not. KiKi has remained an outdoor/indoor kitty much to my dismay. I've sat her down and tried to explain to her that kitties with long hair, such as herself, are not meant to be outdoor kitties. Alas, she has resisted my plea for her to be an indoor only kitty. She goes out for long enough periods that she comes in a wet, yucky mess because her fur is so long. Since the addition of the collar, the fur around her neck has become one big furry, matted mess. She now has big wads of matted fur like a necklace around her neck. Although not ideal, this wouldn't be too big of a deal but when she scratches her neck, her nails get caught in the matted fur and she has started tearing the skin. I tried calling our vet and she wants me to try trimming the matts with scissors or (eek) shaving them off with clippers. I've already started trimming the outer layers of fur/surrounding area and am down to the hardcore tangles.
So who wants to come over and help? Anyone? Anyone? Tori? Amy?

1 comment:

Tori :) said...

i said i'd help, but you seemed to have handled it pretty well on your own. at least she didn't bite or scratch like my parents'long-haired cat does.