Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another voting opportunity

Aron and I are trying to plan a vacation with the kids this summer. He never went on vacation when he was little and I only had bad vacation experiences (they were heinous. Think visiting every single Civil War battle field on a 2 week vacation while getting car sick riding in the back of my parents 1986 Buick Century--Ah the days.). We are having a hard time settling in on one particular place/thing to do.

Among our ideas are Disneyland, Yellowstone, getting a cabin in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and a train ride somewhere.

I'll put these options along the side for you to vote on but if you have a better idea, just leave it in the comments section. We want something really memorable for the kids since this will be our last summer together before Ella starts school in the fall.

Tell me about the most memorable vacations you guys had as kids!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The train ride would be the ideal thing because she has told me many times that they have never been on a train ride. But hey what do I know?

Anonymous said...

Hey, you just said how memorable the civil war battlefields were. Take them to Gettysburg - you can be their tour guide.

RMJMJ said...

Seriously, I just got on travelocity and you should see the deals that they are offering on disney and cruises right now. Royal carribian to the carribiean for like $85 a day per person. Disney is offering deals for hotel + flight + tickets for like $350 a person. Lets go to Disney World!!!!

Anonymous said...

I would recommend backpack hiking the Appalacian trail through Smokey Mountain National Park. It is only 71 miles and can be done in a week. One hint, get the big offroading stroller for the kids. Plus think how much Luke and Ella would love getting to see a bear in it's natural habitat.

Uncle Kevin

Tori :) said...

i don't have a travel suggestion. all of my vacations were pretty much family trips to Taos, New Mexico - while nice, I wouldn't suggest it to you because you'd end up spending every night of your vacation watching the staged Indian dances down at the Kachina Lodge Best Western. The kids would love it, but you'd hate me.

what i actually wanted to comment on was that my stomach lurched when i read about the car sickness. it took me back to the days of riding to Tennessee in the back of Nana's 1991 Caprice Classic


i think it was more like sea-sick than car-sick. do a google image search on the car - you'll see what i mean.