Monday, February 23, 2009

10 random things


In the spirit of Facebook (this is a popular item on the site), I will now supply you with 10 random things about each of my children.
Ella
1.) She has a freckle on the bottom of her foot that just showed up one day. I spent quite a few baths trying to wash it off before I realized it was a permanent addition.
2.) She answers to a variety of names: Ellie Mae, Ella Kabella, Sunshine, Stink Pot, Sweetie Pie, Butternut. You name it and she'll at least kind of answer to it.
3.) She is a TV junkie. She can tell you what show is on by the position of the sun. Seriously.
4.) Second to her passion for the tube is her passion for all things computer. She whizzes around this thing like she's got an IT degree.
5.) When she's happy, she lights up. She nearly exploded the day that I made those dresses for her.
6.) Sometimes I punish her by not letting her wear a dress and making her wear jeans instead. Truly.
7.) She thinks everything is hilarious. She has an infectious spirit that makes everyone around her want to smile.
8.) When given the option, she tends to hang out with boys more often than girls. I think because Myles and Luke are her typical companions she's just used to doing that. She definitely enjoys hanging around girls, too, because she has 2 best girl friends at pre-school.
9.) She loves to make people feel special. She made Grammie and Lindy special Valentine Love Pillows (her title not mine).
10.) She has a photographic memory. She can tell you exactly where something is in her room even if she hasn't played with it in months.
Luke
1.) He has a lot to say. I dropped him off at pre-school the other day and the instant we were in the door, he stopped his teacher to tell her a whole bunch of stuff (like that he wouldn't be taking a nap there today, he wouldn't be eating lunch today, today was a Mommy Day, and that we might go to Grammie's library after school). I tried to smooth over the intense talking by saying "He's got a lot to say today!" His teacher replied "Oh this isn't too bad. He's usually got a lot more to tell me about." Crap. So you know that I drank juice straight from the container the other day, don't you.
2.) This kids a competitor. He wants to win at everything (eating his dinner first, playing Wii first, going to the bathroom first, getting in the tub first). You name it...he wants the title to show he can do it.
3.) He can sleep with his eyes open. My Mom finds it creepy but I find it funny especially when he snores with his eyes open.
4.) He's investigatory. He gets into things I would never even think about him getting into (like the time I was in the shower and came out to find him busting eggs on my kitchen floor).
5.) He's going to be that kid that wants to be a super hero when he grows up. You can frequently find him running around my house with a cape tied around his shoulders.
6.) This kid is the first one who realized that when Mommy says no more TV but you can play on the computer that he could just get into video links on PBS kids or Noggin. Techinically, he's not violating the No TV rule because he's using the computer.
7.) When he's quiet and you don't know where he is, be afraid. Be very afraid.
8.) I kind of like it when his hair gets a little long and moppy.
9.) He wants to be a helper. Sometimes this is good, sometimes this is bad. Most times it is an adventure.
10.) He loves to call people on the phone (see also above photo). Sometimes I feel bad for the people he calls because there's no way they know what he's trying to tell them. Everyone's usually a good sport about it, though.

No comments: