Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Gratuitous book plug + my kids=blogging fun


Ok so I bought my friend, Kelly, kids' book. It's very cool! If you don't have it, you need to get it. It's called City Beats: A Hip-Hoppy Pigeon Poem. The illustrations are awesome--they're all made of polymer clay. Some of the pictures are quite intricate! Anyhoos, that's my plug. Go. Buy it. Amazon.com. It's yours for $15. There. I'm done.



Ella and Luke hung out with Granny Lindy today. She said that both kids were really good. They slept in until 9:15! When it's me with them, they get up at 7. Don't they know I need a extra sleep, too?? Geez! Ella was all about having books read to her today. Her current favorites are the 3 Little Pigs, 3 Billy Goats Gruff, and one about a chicken making bread--I forget what that one's called, though. She's all about those types of stories which are actually kind of morbid when you think about it. It seems like in every one of them, one of the animals dies or gets eaten by another animal. YIKES! It doesn't seem to bother her, though. She's one tough cookie, I guess. Must take after her mother.

Luke's continuing to foray into the world of solid food. He's currently enjoying cheerios, chex, and graham crackers. He's also really into drinking from a sippy cup. Typically, he enjoys ice water but occasionally I'll give him some juice. Not too much juice, though, because we don't need any diaper explosions if you know what I mean. Although, if I planned said diaper bombs for a day that I'm not here...like say a Tuesday or Friday...no, no that would be wrong...Grammie and Granny Lindy could use a little excitement...

No comments: