Monday, May 15, 2006

OH COME ON!

We had a busy Mother's Day. We decideded to try something different so we drove over to the Mohican area. Mohican is a outdoors-y nature-y kind of area with bunches of trails and horses. There's a really great place there called Landoll's Castle that did a special Mother's Day brunch. If you ever have a chance to go, it's very cool. http://www.landollsmohicancastle.com/ We went to church in the morning which ends at 10:00. Our reservations were for 11 so we had to hurry after church to get there on time. My Dad had told me that he would print out directions to get to the castle because we had never been there. Aron and I were the last ones to get out of church and my Mom and Dad, Jeff and Robin had already left to get to the restaurant. We started to leave and realized that we didn't have directions. We called my Dad and asked where our directions were. He told me that he had put them in our car before they left church on the driver's side seat. So I yelled at Aron "Where are the directions? Are you sitting on them? Get up! Where are the directions?" Aron got up (well, got up the best he could since he was driving at the time). They weren't on his seat. I looked all over the car and couldn't find them. Then, I got a call back from my Dad. He and my Mom had figured out that he had actually put the directions in someone else's car thinking that it was ours. He put them in someone's black minivan that was parked beside his car. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN TO HIM THAT OUR CR-V IS NOT A MINI VAN. UGH! DAD!!!!!

On a more positive note, the food was quite tasty (think citrus grilled salmon and mini cheesecakes). On a more negative note, Luke really enjoys an icy glass of water so I let him drink some of mine. Unfortunately, he wanted more and I didn't recognize that fact soon enough. Yup, we're talking an entire glass of ice water dumped all over my lap because I left it within his reach. I should've known that would be how my day would go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»