Friday, May 05, 2006

On the road to Stubbornville. Population: 2



How could these sweet, innocent faces be stubborn, you ask? If you ask that question, you obviously have not hung around my dear sweet babies for long lately. Both of them have been testing Mommy's patience. Yesterday's battle with Ella was over applesauce. That's right. One little tiny container of Mott's Granny Smith Unsweetened applesauce. Luke was having some and she decided she was some, too. Sounded great to me so I opened one up for her. She looked inside it and said "Dirty" and refused to eat it. In all reality, the "dirt" was just those little specks of apple parts that get mixed in with the applesauce. Completely not going to harm her, I even ate a little to show her that Mommy was ok with eating the "dirt." She refused and had a fit about it. Being the mean, nasty Mommy I am, I told her that she wasn't going to have any lunch or any snacks until she ate it because she told me she wanted it and it wasn't really dirty. She decided to take the low road and crossed her arms and said "dirty." Ok fine, you wanna play hard ball with me, do you? I sat there and ate my entire lunch in front of her--complete with cheese flavored chex mix (a favorite of hers). The entire time she sat there telling me "Mommy! Ella STARVING, Mommy! Want Chex! Starving, Mommy, STARVING!" I told her that if she were truly starving, she would eat the applesauce that was sitting right in front of her. 45 minutes later, she decided to give in and ate the applesauce. I'm sure some day she'll be sitting in therapy talking about how it all started when she was 2 and her Mom made her eat dirty applesauce.

No comments: