Friday, May 12, 2006

Now that's just ridiculous


Opposition has taken an ugly turn, folks. Ugly yet funny at the same time. Ella was watching her favorite show, Dragon Tales, on PBS yesterday. It's on at 5:30. There are 2 segments of cartoons--there's one episode then an interlude of singing and dancing then another episode. So every time she watches the show and it gets to the end of the first part she turns to me and asks "More of this?" Meaning, is there more of this show that will come on after the singing? Yesterday, I told her yes, there's more just like I always tell her. After the second part was done yesterday, she asked me if there was more. I told her "No, there isn't any more for today and the Jim Lehrer World Report is getting ready to come on." She said "Huh? World Report?" I told her "The news is getting ready to come on so go ahead and turn off TV." She crosses her arms and said "No Mommy want watch news." My 2 year old wants to watch the news? No offense to Mr Lehrer and his World Report but his news is even less exciting to watch than the regular 6 o'clock news because, quite frankly, its PBS. So I turn to Ella and tell her that I don't think she really wants to watch it. She crossed her arms and said "Yes Mommy NEWS!!!" So whatever, I let her start to watch the news. It took about 30 seconds of the news before she said "Done now Mommy. News off." I think Mr Lehrer has been rejected. Sweet.

No comments: