Saturday, August 29, 2009

Vroom, vroom, cruisin' the dunes...morning or evenin' or afternoon....

The kids were obsessed with catching these tumbleweeds as they rolled across the sand.
Yes, those are indeed our footprints and the teensy little parking lot below

Yup, I was this far behind


Look at Luke leading the pack in the gray t waaaaay up there


There they go






Try as I might, I could not talk Aron and the kids out of going to a section of the Sleeping Bear Park called "The Dune Climb." Yea, it's pretty self explanatory...you climb a big dune.

I'm not gonna lie.


It hurt like a mother.


It hurt like the mother of all mothers.




It hurt like your friend's really mean mother who was so mean you never went over to her house...your friend always came to yours instead. THAT kind of mother.


I don't think the pictures do it justice. It was pretty much walking straight up on a big pile of sand. I wanted to let myself fall down and just roll down the hill at multiple points. The kids were such little troopers working so hard to get to the top that I just couldn't let myself let them down by doing that (darn you, kids! picture me shaking my fist in the air). The view from the top was totally worth it, though.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

How do you really feel about the walk to the top of the dune?! I'm not sure I get it?? haha

Yours pics are gorgeous and it looks like you all had a great time.

Con said...

Ummm, can I just remind you that you did a marathon a year ago? I think you can walk up a little pile of sand, you big wimp:)