Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Stop: Ann Arbor

Chocolate covered blueberry cupcake

Hey! Quit trying to eat my subject, kid! (We worked for quite a few minutes to get that pic just right!)
From upper left and around: Pineapple Pomegranate, Chocolate Covered Blueberry, Chocolate Truffle, and Vanilla Beany


Yes, yes, I know. How in the world could Aron and I willingly take a trip to Ann Arbor? (To my OSU friends, I say sorry.)

Wellllllll, you see we've got this kid. A kid named Ella. Ella is what I would call a "Food Network Groupie" especially for the show Food Network Challange: Last Cake Standing. She really likes one of the cake artists named Courtney Clark. Turns out that Courtney Clark has a bakery in Ann Arbor, thus, the side trip to her bakery. We had some lunch and then hopped on over to the bakery where we picked up one of each of the fresh cupcake selections. Ella even got to see Courtney in action because she was working on what appeared to be a wedding cake in the back.
I'm kicking myself that I didn't ask her to pop out to get a picture with Ella. She smiled at Ella when she waved and I think Ella almost melted. We left the shop and Ella (no kidding) skipped down the street. I asked her if she saw Courtney and remembered who she was and she said "YEAH I DO!" and kept skip skip skippin along.
So cute!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi, This is Courtney's mom. She's great with kids and usually has her picture taken with them. We're glad you enjoyed the cupcakes and hope you can stop in again sometime!
Best wishes, Linda Clark