Friday, August 28, 2009

Finally!








After 7.5 hours in the car (who thought a road trip would be fun? I don't think it was me!), we made it to the beaches of Lake Michigan!

First off, let me just say that I was a teensy bit skeptical about going to Michigan for vacation. Ok, so I was A LOT skeptical about going to Michigan. I felt like I had been there and done that many times before on other trips (does that sound like a spoiled brat or what?!). HOWEVER, it was so very different where we went. It was gorgeous! Everything felt very back to nature. We were one of the few families (at least it felt like we were one of the few) that didn't have some sort of bike or kayak strapped to our car. We were able to do quite a bit of hiking, beaching, hanging out the pool, and just being together. This was definitely a great week to go. The only people vacationing were couples with young children like us and older people.

No comments: