Friday, August 14, 2009

Noah's Lost Ark

Chute me! Chute me! I'm hungry! (Tori's going to be so mad at me for that one)
Luke really liked these little guys.

"Have you seen the size of my horns? Gimme your bucket, lady, before I have ya run through..."


Just a little at a time...save some for everybody else.




Is this llama's neck freaky or what? Look at how skinny it is!



Don't spit at me and I won't spit at you.



This was one of the chutes where you poured the food.



I don't know what this thing was but it was kind of cute


The kids and I went to a big cat rescue called Noah's Lost Ark around Tori's house on Wednesday. It's a facility that houses lions, tigers, and an assortment of other non-domesticated animals that have a history of being abused/neglected in their previous homes. They also had a really great petting zoo. You could buy a cup of food then either feed the animals with your bare hands (if they were tame) or pour it down a chute that poured into their trough. Luke wanted to feed all the animals by hand even if they only had a chute. Ella was a little more hesitant but dove right in after a couple minutes.



I would've posted some pix of the big cats but they were mostly snoozing or I couldn't get a good shot of them. There were probably 15 tigers and lions that were former "pets" of people who negligent in their care to say the least (who thinks a tiger should be a house pet anyway?? Idiots.). It was a great place to visit so go if you get a chance. It was only $6.50 for adults and $5 for kids and is located in Berlin Center, OH (between Akron and Youngstown)

1 comment:

Tori :) said...

i believe that thing is a binturong, and his name is either bongo or bananas...