Thursday, May 10, 2007

Nerves of steel I tell you


On Monday, I dropped my car off to get the oil changed. Normally, my uncle or dad change my oil but they were busy so I dropped it off at the place down the street from me. The guy who owns it is named Bob. I dropped the car off at Bob's then I put the kids in the stroller and walked home. On the way home, Ella was curious about why we just left our car with Bob. I explained to her that Bob would be looking at our car and checking the oil for us. She said that was nice of Bob. I agreed (whatever). When we got home, she wanted to print out a bunch of pictures to color. Each one she printed out for certain people and she wanted the pictures to be of the letter that their name begins with. She printed out an A for Amy (and this picture is now beautifying her cubicle at work) and printed out a bunch of other letters, too. Then she wanted to print out a B for Bob so she could color it to tell him thank you for looking at our car. I tried to talk her out of it but she was having no part of it. So, my cutie colored a picture for Bob and put it in the stroller so she could have it when we went back to Bob's. We walked back to Bob's after he called to say the car was done. I thought she would chicken out with regards to giving Bob the picture after she saw him (she had stayed in the car when we dropped it off so she never actually saw him). Bob is about 6'3" and a good 325# and isn't exactly all fluffy around the edges if you know what I mean. I give Ella credit, though, she reached right under the stroller, pulled out her picture, and handed it to him without batting an eye. No way would I have given a picture to a man 10x my size at that age. She's got nerves of steel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told Uncle Kevin about this blog entry. Uncle K. was so proud! He said it was because of him, no doubt, that Ella would have such appreciation for mechanics!
Aunt Annie