Wednesday, May 02, 2007

In the driver's seat

Luke went to see the pediatrician on Monday for his 18 month checkup. As always, he was very flirty with her and batted his baby blues at her-what a little charmer! It turns out that he's becoming quite the big boy. He's up to 24# which is the 25% (he's finally gaining some on the weight chart) and up to 32" tall which is the 50%. I'm not sure how accurate the 32" is though. I think the nurse mismeasured him. I keep meaning to re-check but we've been busy this week. The doctor was impressed with his verbal ability and says that it's beyond a 2 year old level. He's starting to try to string together sentences. Last night, he came inside from playing with Aron and said "Mommy..........'tside........bike........Lu........." which I think means, "Mommy I was outside on my bike." I'm not sure if I can handle another gabby kid. Ella has enough "verbal ability" for 10 kids. Anyone who has ever ridden in a car with her can attest to that fact. Don't get her started on her Billy Gorilly CD cause she won't stop. Seriously, don't talk about Billy cause I may have to run you over with my car. Let me translate that for you--in Luke sentence that would be "Annie.........car........run over...........talk.........Billy......"

(www.billygorilly.com for those of you who are interested).

He's really starting to show an interest in potty training. He had some early success about a month ago. At that time, he went on the potty a few times and was able to produce a least a little peeps every time he went. Then he went through a week to week and a half phase of not wanting to sit on the potty at all. However, for the last 4 days or so, he wants to go on the potty all the time--probably because he knows he gets an M n M reward every time his factory produces if you know what I mean. Everywhere we go, he wants to potty. He went when we went to the library this morning. I think it's some sort of male "marking his territory" thing. Who knows...all I know is I'd love to have him potty trained and be diaper free. Diaper free.....wheeeeeeeeeee!

1 comment:

Tori said...

HAHA!! my mom is going to LOVE this. I bet she'll even send my uncle to look at your blog. he'll be so excited that she likes Billy Gorilly!