Thursday, May 03, 2007

Boys Are Gross


Boys are gross. I'm not judging but am just stating a fact.
Aron called me this morning after he went to work. I was just stepping out of the shower when he called. He asked me "Have you smelled the kitchen lately?" Hmm...an odd question for 8 o'clock but I told him no anyway. He said "You really need to go and sniff it." Ok, whatever, can I at least towel off first?
I walked into the kitchen and was nearly knocked over by the overpowering smell of cheese. Not a good smell of cheese either. It was the smell of cheese that had been baking in the sun for about 48 hours. I immediately knew who was going to be responsible--the fuzzy headed one. Luke enjoys taking things and hiding them in the kitchen cupboards. Usually, it's something fairly benign. A cracker here. An empty juice box there. Nothing that will make the kitchen smell like rotted cheese. I went to his usual haunts...the cupboard with the baking sheets in it...nothing there...I went to the cupboard with my pots and pans...nothing there, either... Finally I went to the corner cupboard with the lazy susan in it for our cereals and crackers, etc. Way way back in the back I see a little purple something that has fallen off the lazy susan. I reached my arm in there and pulled out a sippy. You wouldn't think a sippy would cause such a smell BUT a sippy full of milk now THAT would cause a smell. Especially if it had been there long enough to have formed cheese. That's right, folks. The milk was no longer milk. We had our own little Luke Science Experiment going on. It was very solid and looked eerily similar to a soft ball of mozzarella cheese.
Boys are gross.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you threw the whole thing away!

Tori said...

Yuk. Haha! Luke made some white, creamy cheese for you because he knows how much you love white, creamy cheese!