Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Ah, Amore

It's been a great experience to watch Ella and Luke as well as Myles play and interact with one another. Each one always looks out for the others. Myles came over the other night to play while Robin ran some errands. He wanted a snack so I went into the kitchen and cut up an apple for him. I put it in a bowl and handed it to him but he kept standing there. I asked him if there was something else he needed. He looked at me like I was a moron and said "Ella and Luke are going to need a snack, Aunt Annie. Need more than this." I cut up another apple in another bowl and told him to share with Luke and Ella. I waited a while then went in the living room to see what was going on. I peeked in and saw that Ella and Myles had taken two little chairs and put them side by side. Then I noticed that Myles and Ella were standing with their bowls of apple slices by their chairs patiently waiting while watching Luke struggle to get his little chair and line it up with theirs. Finally, Myles said "MyMy help you, Lukie?" Luke said yeah so Ella grabbed her chair and moved it away from Myles' chair so Myles could get Luke's and put it in the middle. Then all three sat down together to eat their apple snacks while watching the Backyardigans. Delaying eating a snack...now if that's not love I don't know what is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes my heart melt! Can they give lessons to my boys? Please?

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! You have taught them well, young grasshopper! Such good manners.