Saturday, May 26, 2007

Hooray for Hollywood, baby!



Last night was the big night. Ella's instructor and owner of the dance studio, Marilyn, had her 36th annual dance recital. The theme was Hooray for Hollywood. Ella's on the far left (if you can't tell). They all did ok. I've definitely seen them do better in rehearsel but being on stage and having the bright lights on them kind of confused them. I can't really say that any of them were scared to perform (Ella kept asking when it would be her turn to go onstage) but because things looked different, it made it weird for them.
Ella had, I think, the largest fan base of all the children. She had 12 people there to watch her perform: Aron, me, Grammie, Poppy, Grandpa Steve, Granny Lindy, Aunt Annie, Uncle Jeffy, Aunt Robbie, MyMy, Auntie Tori, and her Lanny (Lana, Tori's Mom). I was very glad that Auntie Tori was there so she could explain the different dance styles to me. I meant to get a picture of her and Ella but I forgot. Hopefully, she'll send me the picture she took and I'll post it.

1 comment:

Tori said...

i was very proud of you during the getting ready process. you handled it very well with very little coaching from me. you also achieved perfect tiara placement all on your own. good job! i'd give you a gold star, but it's the end of the school year and i only have blue & green ones left. ;)