Thursday, April 05, 2007

WalkAmerica!

As many of you know, my friend (Jeanne) had twins that were born prematurely in September. They were born at 23 weeks gestation (40 weeks is considered to be full term) after a difficult pregnancy for Jeanne. She and her husband (Del) have put together a team of walkers for the annual March of Dimes WalkAmerica event. It's a 5 mile walking course and I've committed to be part of their team (yikes! What was I thinking? 5 miles?? Seriously?). The March of Dimes' mission is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality. So, basically, they want to help babies like Jeanne's.

The walk is April 29th.

If you'd like to sponsor me on my walk (come on, you know you want to!), please let me know.

Come on! Sponsor me! All the cool kids are doing it!

No comments: