Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Remember the Superman kite, Dad?

Daddy's attempt at kite flying
Mommy's attempt at kite flying
Ella's attempt at kite flying...altho, I'm not sure where she's looking...
I remember the day that my Mom, Dad, brother, and I all flew kites. Well, we kind of all flew kites. I distinctly remember picking out the best kite at the store...it was all white with a giant Superman logo on it (sweet). Jeff picked out some sort of swirly, rainbow colored thing (he was a dork even way back in the day) but I digress. We all went out in the back yard to fly the kites. I wanted to get mine up in the air all by myself but Dad wouldn't let me because he kept telling me he had to get it started and up in the air first then he would let me have it. Impatiently, I waited for the perfect moment. My Dad got it up in the air....higher....higher....even higher...(it probably went so high because it was the Superman kite but who am I to say?)....even higher still until I hear "Damn it." My Dad had my Superman kite so high up in the air that he ran out of string and didn't realize that the string wasn't tied to the handle. Up, up, and away went my super sweet Superman kite until I could no longer see it.

We tried to then use my brother's kite but let's face it, it was rainbow and swirly. Please.

Let's fast forward 24 years to the pictures above. I finally got to fly a kite and yes, I did let Ella hold the string after I made sure it was attached to the handle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got to say, this is funny. Love the action picture of Aron.