Thursday, September 28, 2006

Story hour--Lukie edition

I took Ella to Grammie's story hour and was later than I intended because I couldn't find my keys/phone/purse/mind when I was trying to leave my house. After I got there, I had to fill out a paper and help Ella put her name tag on, get settled in, etc. So, by the time I left there it was 10:30 which was the time I was supposed to be back for Luke's lap sit story hour. I burned rubber (but in a civilized burning rubber-type manner. Let's not upset Tori who wants me to drive extra safe since her accident) to get back to town for Miss Lori. By the time I got back to the library, it was 10:40--I was late but not too late to still go. I drove to the library and there were NO PARKING SPOTS. I drove to the building next door--NO SPOTS. I looked on the street--NO SPOTS. I would've had to drive to the bank to park which is a couple blocks away from the library. By that time it was 10:45 then I still had to wake Luke up (he fell asleep on the way there) and walk to the library. It would've been 10:50 by the time I got there--definitely too late by then. So I said to heck with it and went home.

Sigh.

No comments: