Thursday, September 21, 2006

He's an Eating Machine I Tell You


Luke has really discovered his ability to eat everything in sight! He likes to have several rounds of breakfast. See, there's the appetizer breakfast which consists of me putting him the high chair with a sprinkling of rice krispies on his tray. That appetizer will usually buy me enough time to make him Breakfast #1. Breakfast #1 consists of about 1/3-1/2 cup of oatmeal (this is a precooked measured amount. It probably puffs up to a cup.) mixed with a container of applesauce (about 1/4 cup). Sometimes this satisfies him, sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't, we have to go to the Breakfast Dessert which is cheerios on his tray. After he's done, I feed Ella breakfast then I get my breakfast which usually ends up being about 30-45 minutes after his Breakfast #1. By that time, he's ready for Breakfast #2 and this usually consists of staring at me eating my breakfast until I give him mine. About an hour after that, he's ready for a little bottle then it's off for his morning nap. I'm not sure where he puts all this food in his tiny little 19# body. He must have a hollow leg or something.

This is a picture of him pouring a bowl of yogurt into his mouth. I made the mistake of leaving the bowl where he could reach it and then turning my back on him for a moment.

No comments: