Monday, August 13, 2012

Just a quick pit stop to the Minute Clinic before we go...

I woke up Tuesday and felt pain in my finger.  By the time we were ready to leave for vacation on Wednesday morning, it was numb and throbbing as well as painful.  I don't think the picture I took does it justice but here goes.

Finger third from the top...see that red area and the white puss-filled looking area?
Yup, that's an infection.  It was really gross.  Aron was ready to amputate but somehow I held him off.
I didn't want to take the time to call my regular doctor, try to get an appointment, and then run to get it filled before we left so I googled locations for a Minute Clinic (they're at CVS and are super handy in a pinch).  The nice Nurse Practitioner in Woodmere set me up with an oral antibiotic and a topical antibiotic.

There was a part of me (I'll not reveal how big of a part) that wanted her to tell me that I was not allowed to camp with a nasty finger such as this.  No luck.  Her only advice was to give me an extra antiseptic soak to use twice a day and that I should google where the nearest urgent care/hospital would be if I started to have a reaction to the antibiotic.

Bummer.

No comments: