Friday, June 15, 2007

This Mommy's Not Smarter Than a 5th Grader...heck, she's not even smarter than a pre-schooler

So I was watching a show on PBS--Between the Lions, I believe--with Ella the other day. They were singing songs on the show and telling what they meant. Am I the only idiot that didn't know that the song "There was an old lady who swallowed a fly....I don't know why she swallowed a fly..." was some sort of metaphor against telling lies? You know, you tell one lie then you have to tell more and more bigger and bigger lies to cover up the first one?

Yeah, I didn't know that either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What? No it's not - It's just a silly song about an old woman who swallows different animals. And, "Puff the Magic Dragon" is just a song about a little boy who has an imaginary friend. Where do people come up with this metaphore stuff? I'm not buying it...I miss Mr. Rogers.