Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Lost In Translation


Looks like Ella's not the only one the inherited my goofy picture face. Score one for the home team, baby.
The kids take their naps each day at the same time and typically in the same room (sometimes Ella cons me into taking her nap in my bed but not usually). On most days, the kids both lie down and take their naps for a solid 2 hours (2 hours of sweet quiet for me--yipee) with no problem. Today was a little different, though. I put both kids upstairs in their respective beds and blew them kisses as I walked out the door. 5 minutes after I went downstairs I heard large amounts of giggling, little running feet, and periodic cries of "Ella............Ella............." I went upstairs fully prepared to bust them. I walked into the room and saw Ella had put about 5 pillows and 5 stuffed animal "friends" and 3 blankies in Luke's crib. None of these thing were in there when I had left. Before Luke realized I was in the doorway, Luke was telling Ella "More, more" and laughing like crazy. Now how do I bust them when they're obviously having fun like that?

I asked Ella what she thought she was doing. She told me that Luke had told her that he wanted a pillow in his crib because he felt like he was a big boy now. I asked why he hadn't told me that and she said he did but I didn't understand him.

A parent not understanding their child? Must be a first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought the "Mom, you just don't understand" thing didn't start until the adolescent years! You are starting WAY to early, man!!!!