Saturday, June 23, 2007

One, giant leap, for Luke-kind

Last night Aron and I went to see the musical "Wicked." It's the story of the Wicked Witch of the West from her point of view. IT'S CRAZY GOOD, PEOPLE. I highly recommend it. A big, huge thanks to my friend, Missy's, brother Cameron for coming through with tickets. I owe him big, huge.

Anyhoos, Grammie and Poppy had decided that they wanted the kids to come over and spend the night while we were watching the show. Score! Tickets to a great show AND a night off from the kids (disclaimer: I love my kids. Please do not think I don't. However, I do really enjoy a night off every once in a while. I'm human, right?)! Anyhoos part 2, Luke had his very first sleepover without Mommy and Daddy. That's right folks. Every night for the past 20 months, Luke has been at home with Mommy and Daddy (except for our 2 day stay with Aunt Annie last summer but he was with us at the hotel room). Grammie decided to put his crib in her room so he could be with her and Ella. Poppy had to sleep in my old room (poor Poppy! My heart cries out at your misfortune) while Ella slept in Grammie's bed with her.

Grammie and Poppy found out 2 important things that night.
#1. Next time, maybe they should draw straws to see who has to sleep with Ella cause Grammie found out the hard way that Ella likes to sleep sideways on the bed. That's right. I said sideways. And you know what? I say MORE POWER TO HER! If I didn't have to sleep with Aron, I would sleep sideways on my bed, too. It's comfy, darn it. Power to the Sideways Sleepers!
#2. Luke talks in his sleep. We've known this for a while but I guess maybe I hadn't remembered to tell them. Grammie said that he talked for a little while about Mommy and Daddy and giggled a bit in the wee hours of the night.

1 comment:

The Kidwells said...

I knew you would like it. It is an awesome show. Cam was happy to know that you enjoyed it too!