Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Lost In Translation-The Sequel

Let's just make it clear--I'm not buying Ella's explanation of why she was putting 10,000 items in Luke's crib. BUT I do have a sweet story about Ella and Myles when they were babies.

Ella was probably about 16 or 17 months old and Myles was about 13 or 14 months old. Myles had come over to play while Robin ran some errands. Ella was just starting to talk in a couple word sentences and Myles was just starting to get a few words here and there (mostly Mommy, Daddy, etc). The kids played for a while and had a good time with their toys and stuff. All the sudden Myles came over to me and was pulling at me, obviously trying to get me to do something for him. He was whining and pulling at my shirt sleeve. I kept offering him different toys and he shook his head. I tried offering different food choices and he shook his head. Finally, I turned to Ella and said "You're bilingual right? What does Myles want from Mommy?" She turned to Myles and said something in baby talk and he replied. She went into the kitchen and pointed at the refrigerator. I opened the fridge and she grabbed a juice box and handed it to me and said "Myles." I turned to Myles and said "Is this what you wanted?" I don't think he could've nodded any more and any faster if he were one of those stupid bobble head dolls. I popped in the straw and off he went, happy as a clam, back to playing with his toys.

Now that was a pretty cool moment.

No comments: