Friday, April 28, 2006

How could I have forgotten?

Luke's 6 month check up was on Weds. He's 15# 12 oz which is the 10% for weight and 25 1/2" which is 10% for height. He's doing a good job gaining on the growth curve. He started out at the 3% for both height and weight when he was born so I think he's doing great. Even if he stays at the 10%, he'll end up being about 5'7" which isn't gigantic but were Aron and I really expected to produce big kids? Aron's only about 5'7" himself. Anyhoos, Luke's such a big guy now! He was quite flirty and charming with Dr Brown again (I think he has a crush-I keep telling him that she's married but I don't think he cares). He's on track developmentally. He's sitting up and rolling over quite efficiently now. He's working on his transfer from sitting to laying on his belly. So far he's pretty much just managing to fall on his face but he doesn't seem to mind.

Ella had a revelation yesterday. She woke up yesterday morning and was singing her ABCs in bed (as she typically does) until I went in to get her. I walked in her room with Luke and she looked over at me and said "Mommy. Daddy. Lukie. Ella. Family. Love." Aw, does it get much sweeter? I told her she was right that we are all one family and that we love each other. She nodded and looked at me like "Did it really take me pointing that out to you Mommy? Am I smarter than you, Mommy?" She then rattled off more names that were in our family, although, she added a few more that aren't in our family (like Liam and Kaylene) but close enough.

No comments: