Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas to me (aka dodging 2 really big bullets)

1.) Remember a couple weeks ago or so when we had that really big snowstorm from Saturday night into Sunday morning? It was the night that I got home from attending the Bazaar Bizarre with some friends. I unloaded part of my purchases and got distracted. I ended up leaving the back of my CR-V open all night and it snowed in the back of my car. Worse than that, I left purchases in there along with my purse. MY PURSE complete with all my credit cards, license, money, etc. The amazing part is that no one stole any of the stuff in the back of the CR-V or my purse. One bullet dodged.

2.) I got a call from my Mastercard's fraud department on Wednesday. They wanted me to verify my last three purchases. This was tricky because Aron and I share the account and the purchases could have been his or mine plus we put it to use frequently in lieu of cash because it is convenient. They asked if I had gone to a fast food restaurant. I said yes because Luke and I went to Subway to celebrate the last day of school. They asked if I purchased items at DSW. I said yes because I had just bought 2 new pairs of boots. Then they asked if I bought something for $9000 from a car place. I said NO! The lady said that she thought it wasn't us because it was out of our normal purchase pattern. The charge was declined at the car place even though our credit limit would have accommodated it because it was so unusual. They cut off that credit card and are issuing us new ones. Two bullets dodged.

Merry Christmas to us!

1 comment:

Tori :) said...

speaking of bazbiz and losing things... did you happen to locate my glasses in the back of that aforementioned CR-V? just wondering... ;)