Sunday, April 18, 2010

Let's Get Ready to Rumble!

Yesterday was Ella's last basketball game. At the beginning of the season, I wasn't sure if she was going to like it or not. She didn't talk to anyone on her team and just stared at her coach when being coached.

HOWEVER, she loved it! She already asked me if she can have another go at it again next year. I think she was swayed by the ultra-awesome participant's trophy she got and the two points that she scored during last week's game.

Plus, they had this great closer to the season (play the video now). Get ready for the 31 second-ish spot of the video for the "4 foot, 1 inch Ella." They did this for all the different teams that participated in Hoops for Him. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you view it), we were early enough for Ella's game that we saw the closer for the teams of the previous games that started an hour before hers. Ella took one look, pleaded with me with her eyes and quickly said "I'mnotdoingthatPleasedon'tmakemedothatI'mseriousIdon'twantto." So I did what any logical parent would do.

I bribed her. We all know how I don't normally employ bribery in my arsenal (I find that ruling with an iron fist is much easier) but I decided to do it this time. I told her I would take her to see How to Train Your Dragon if she ran across. I told her she could have popcorn and maybe some 7up if she waved to her mother as she ran across the floor. I also gave her some advice as she left.

"Get your rear in gear: the faster you run, the faster you get it over with." She had other plans, though. As you can see, she employed a bit of skipping.

No comments: