Friday, January 09, 2009

Finally!

I finally got my oral surgery (aka shoving a titanium rod down into my jaw--that one's for you, T) done yesterday. All went well. They have to put you under in a "twilight" for the surgery. I remember being able to hear the doctor and nurses talking but don't remember what they said. What I do remember, though, is dreaming that I was at home and that I needed to get up to do things around the house. They had to push me back down into the chair at least 3 times because of this. Weird.

So, anyway. Stage 1 is done for that. After this, I have to heal for 3 months then they put screw a top piece to the rod. Then that has to heal. Once this is done, they can then attach a fake tooth to the rod.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hate you. i'm glad it went well and you're on to phase two (i guess?), but i hate you.