Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Beer Goggles


Sorry its kind of fuzzy but here's a pic of my two furry friends (aka my "non-biological children") sharing a tasty snack from the same bowl at the same time. It's not quite the undying love I was hoping for but its a start!

So Aron and I were talking the other day about when we were little and the things that our parents did. I told him that I can remember my Dad sometimes drinking beer when I was small and that I remember him letting me slurp some of the foam off his beer. Aron said that his Dad let him do the same thing. I found it funny that despite our parents being relatively straight-laced and conservative they would both let us do something like that. I wouldn't let Ella or Luke do that (just for those of you wanting to turn me in to Children's Services). I asked a couple of my other friends if their parents ever let them slurp the foam and got a varied reaction. One person said "Oh my goodness, NO! Not a chance they would've let me do that." Another person said that her relatives would leave glasses of beer out and let their small children drink from the glass (not just getting the foam) if they wanted.

I'm going to put a voting poll up. Now, I've done these before and I know I have more readers than the 10 people that voted cause I can't go to any gathering of friends or family function without someone commenting about what they read on the blog. Sooo...let's get out there and vote, people!

2 comments:

Tori :) said...

my dad would've let me, but my mom would've killed him. that answer wasn't option in your poll, so i'm posting it here.

Tori :) said...

i think you need to post the other picture you were telling me about