Monday, June 16, 2008

And they said it couldn't be done! And by "they" I mean you, Mary Elizabeth L-N!

Somehow I have managed to make a flower grow! Normally, I have what I call the "Black Thumb of Death." You know, I manage to kill 95% of the plants that I buy. NOT THIS TIME! I managed to get a Gerber Daisy to bloom. I'm so darn proud of myself. I think maybe even a little prouder than the time I got the African violet to bloom (which I haven't been able to get to bloom since but that's neither here nor there).

8 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Good Girl ~ a start in the right direction!! Sometime you and hubby should come see our gardens ~ i'm going out to plant annuals right now to brighten things up!! Gerber daisies now ~ and the sky's the limit!
Aunt Alice

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. Ella did a nice job.

Anonymous said...

now, if you could just get your crafting skills up to par... ;)

RMJMJ said...

Are you sure you didn't take a picture of one of the gerbera daisys at my house and post it on your blog

Annie said...

People! People! Sticks and stones may break my bones but your complete lack of confidence in me will never hurt me!

Anonymous said...

Hey - I think you are doing great! Ella's hair for the recital! Gerber daisy's! Marathoning! You rock, girl!!!

Anonymous said...

alright, just settle down there... you know that as soon as you start getting smug about no longer have the Black Thumb of Plant Doom, it will come back to haunt you... Witness me and my poor African Violet's demise after I'd crowed about starting the plant from a mere leaf... so Beware Annie, I'm just sayin!

Anonymous said...

I still love you, green or black thumb. Poppy