Monday, June 23, 2008

A sign of the times...

Wow. I felt very aged last weekend. We got dinner from Wendy's last Sunday for Father's Day (I know, not very exciting but Aron didn't feel well and it was quick). The kids got a kid's meal (surprise: nuggets, fries, and chocolate milk). I was looking at the kid's meal bag before I threw it away. I saw that there were pictograms on it--great! I used to love pictograms when I was little. First I saw the one on the bottom--simple, basket + ball =basketball. I looked at the top one and thought "Seriously Wendy's?? This is the message you want to convey to the eaters of your kid's meals? I pea (pee). Seriously? That's where our culture has went since I ate kid's meals X number of years ago? Really? It's all come down to "I pee"?!" Then I looked at the bottom of the bag at the answers.

Oh wait. You meant i-pod. The one on the right is a pea pod. I-Pod. I get it now.

2 comments:

RMJMJ said...

I had a similar run in with the same Wendy's kids meal bag. Glad I'm not the only one!

Anonymous said...

yeesh Annie - i'm an old fart (as you constantly remind me) and i got the Eye Pod part...but then perhaps in this case being (ahem) old would give me an advantage somehow...don't know how - but had to say it!