Monday, January 28, 2008

Have I missed my calling in crime?

Remember my almost crime in Philly? Looky no touchy


My Mom and I were scheduled to work at our church food pantry this past Saturday. We were supposed to get there by 8:45 or so because people were scheduled to start coming at 9 to get things. My Mom was there in a timely fashion (good job, Mom) and I was about 5 minutes late. We got there and the church was locked and the pastor wasn't there to let us in. I tried calling the pastor at home and on her cell with no answer. She ended up getting there at about 9:15. Once she got parked and was getting out of her car, she realized she didn't have her keys to the church. It was very cold standing outside so I decided to take matters into my own hands. So, I picked the lock with my AAA card and my blood donor card. It felt less like I was breaking into a church if I picked the lock with those two cards for some reason.

For those of you who are long time blog readers, you may remember my brushes with the law in the past...
The Hounds of Baskerville

Ranger Rick

Fear not, my friends. From now on, I will stay on the straight and narrow path.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when I see you, remind me to tell you a story that relates to your "looky no touchy" experience in philly and involves my boyfriend. I would post here, but i don't think it's blog-appropriate.