Monday, January 28, 2008

4 enthusiastic thumbs up from the kids...4 thumbs down from the parents



These phones were gifts from my friend, Tori (thanks, T!) about a year ago or so. The kids love them and use them all the time. The time has come, though, that both phones have run out of battery power. I went to Radio Shack the other day to get a new supply of batteries for them. Since this was the first time I needed to change the batteries, I wasn't really sure what I needed so I just took the entire phone with me. The guy at Rad Shack opened up the back of the phone and said it looked like we needed (3) 1.5v batteries at 5 bucks each. 3 batteries times 5 bucks each times 2? $60 for batteries for toy phones?????
I just couldn't do it. I couldn't spend $60 on batteries for phones for the kids. The kids were disappointed and are currently accepting donations for new batteries.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better check your math Einstein...I think you only need $30 in batteries. And if that's the case check out this formula...

3 x $5 = $15 per phone
2 x $15 = $30 total
$30 / 2 kids = Happy Mommy & Daddy

Anonymous said...

Yep that was some great math you did there, Anna. Not that you are going to spend $30 on batteries either. But, you just WAY embarrassed yourself in front of your entire blog readership!!

Anonymous said...

You're right--I must've lost my mind there for a minute. Even so, $30 on batteries? I still don't know if I can do it.

Anonymous said...

Fear not people, she got her math skills from her mother.

---Six batteries = $30 not $60.
---Using two worthless credit cards to break into a church = $ (Only if she expects her dad to bail her out of jail)
---Getting her mother to take her to Sams to by HER clothes = $ (Only God knows)
---Stick Poppy with bill = $ PRICELESS

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you put that you're willing to pay for all my purchases at Sam's club on Saturday in writing. Thanks for the $200 gift, Pops!

Anonymous said...

i won't say anything about the math. I'm just glad they still love their phones. perhaps it's time for an "upgrade" when I come for gingerbread? (and, by the way, i think the phones were actually a gift from my mom...)