Monday, October 01, 2007

Ranger Rick


(no that isn't his real name)
We toured Independence Hall. I don't really remember much about doing this when I was a kid but I don't think it was as organized back then. Now it's run by a group of Park Rangers because the area has been designated as a national park (who knew?). The ranger running the line of people waiting to get in clearly enjoyed abusing his ranger powers for evil and not for good. He was quite crisp with you if you had a ticket for the 3:15 and tried to muscle your way into the 3:00 show. I think the world would've ended in his eyes if Aron and I would have busted into the 3:00. The man above was our guide/ranger. I believe he may have been the crabbiest ranger I've ever run into. He could've used a glass of the old ale at The City Tavern if you know what I mean.

No comments: