I've seen others do this in their blogs so I thought it would be fun to do here. Part of the purpose of the blog is that my kids will get a chance to know me in non-Mom mode. I might scare them a bit but here we go:
1. I think Luke's funny.
2. He secretly scares me
3. I don't enjoy my job and it makes me sad to think I've been there so long.
4. Don't worry, I have an exit strategy.
5. I listen to the radio in the car and think "this would make a good blog title" and then forget about it 2 seconds later.
6. I'm not warm and fuzzy (surprise) but I do consider myself to be kind and nice.
7. I don't like holding babies. This is no surprise to anyone who really knows me.
8. I hate dogs. Yes, this means your dog.
9. I enjoy laundry.
10. When someone doesn't like me, I enjoy making them make polite small talk with me. I once cornered someone in the bathroom at work for about 10 minutes with this strategy. This is what I call "entertainment."
11. Speaking of the bathroom, I have issues. When I open the door to the bathroom at work, I literally cross my fingers that it won't have a weird smell or mystery stuff on the floor.
12. I tend to nickname everyone and everything. I went through a phase where I would only call Aron "Larry" and greet him with "Hey Asshole." No reason.
13. I don't enjoy the responsibility of a purse. Too much carrying and what not. If I could have an assistant to carry it, I would be a happier person overall.
14. Speaking of purses, I don't care about them. I have no desire to have a Coach purse or any other expensive brand.
15. Being in the dark freaks me out.
16. I cannot watch a 48 hours Mystery or Dateline without getting too creeped out to walk upstairs to bed by myself. I make Aron go upstairs, turn the lights on, then come back down to get me, then I walk upstairs into the lighted room, then he follows me up after turning off the downstairs lights. True story.
17. I hate being outside. All these kid field trips with outdoors stuff: hate it.
18. Fairs are not fun.
19. I remember weird, random stuff from childhood. Like the fact that I threw up orange juice on my special dress for the Christmas program at school in kindergarten and that a girl in first grade used to eat her snot when she had a cold. I could give you her name but I choose not to (be thankful, Clarissa Bradley).
20. Aron asked me to mow our grass once. I said ok but purposefully did a bad job (like big bald patches in the middle of the front yard and no true pattern to my mowing).
21 .I don't feel bad about my passive aggressive nature.
22. Until a couple weeks ago, I had never eaten a meal by myself in a restaurant.
23. I've never been to a movie by myself
24. I hate ketchup and non-melted cheese.
25. When in a dark parking lot by myself, I'm paranoid. To counteract this, I tend to put my keys in between my fingers as a "just in case" defense mechanism and tell myself I could totally poke someone's eyes out if I had to. (I coudn't really)
26. My right foot is significantly smaller than my left and I kinda like it that way.
27. I have one really long eyelash that it gray and I trim it periodically so it doesn't hit my glasses.
28. Why won't super rich billionaires just give me some money? It's impossible to use it all so why not just give every person in the United States 1 million dollars? YOU STILL HAVE PLENTY LEFT OVER!
29. I remember watching Good Will Hunting for the first time and thinking "Wow, you totally can't even tell that Minnie Driver is British! Her American accent is so good!"
30. I want to know how to play the bagpipes.
31. I let the kids use straws to eat their applesauce.
32. I'm more like Ella than I let on.
33. Once in a parking garage, the person in the car ahead of me couldn't get their credit card to work so they could pay to get out. I got out of my car and tried to help her but I couldn't get it to work either. I went back to my car, grabbed 2 bucks and put them in the machine. She thought I was being nice. I just wanted to get her out of my damn way.
34. I think friend break ups are harder than boyfriend break ups.
35. I don't get our budget crisis. If we don't have money, how can we spend it? If I have $25,000 of income, I can spend $25,000 not $256, 746.
36. I don't enjoy talking about myself.
37. When driving on the freeway, I alternately sing really loud to the radio and scream at other drivers to "Get out of my way, asshole!"
38. This cannot be attractive in any way.
39. I enjoy acronyms like PITA and KMA.
40. I think that everyone I meet looks like someone else. I asked Aron the other day if the woman we had met had a Marisa Tomei quality to her. His response? "If Marisa Tomei had 4 kids hanging on her legs and looked a little scraggly like that then sure."
41. I think Larry's funny.
42. He secretly scares me.