A photo from healthier days when we traveled to the Medina Ice Festival, drank hot chocolate, and looked at ice sculptures
No lie, we've all been so sick for the last couple weeks I don't even remember what it's like to take the kids to school for the entire week and for me to go to work each of my scheduled days. Let me see if I can break it down for you:
- Ella was sick at the beginning of last week with vomiting and a fever. She was over it in a day.
- Luke was sick at the end of last week with a fever, sore throat, vomiting, and headache which lasted through this week.
- Luke went to the doctor Weds who found nothing wrong that she could treat (she concluded it was all viral junk that he would just have to wait out).
- I got sick by Weds night with night sweats that Aron said were so bad he could hardly stand to sleep next to me despite my bossy demands for cuddle because I was freezing. I sent the kids to school/my Mom's (GOD BLESS YOU MOM) as appropriate and begged Aron to make an appointment for the doctor. I went at 4:45 (do you know how hard it is to wait until the last appointment of the day when you would rather spit out your saliva than make yourself swallow it??). She didn't bother swabbing my throat but told me I probably had strep or tonsilitis of some sort. Either way, the treatment is the same. I can't take penicillin so I got a z-pack (yay!).
- Ella got sick again by Friday morning and threw up at school. Luckily, I was still at home with my own sickness so I just popped over and got her. I had to have smelled bad and I'm not 100% sure my hair was brushed when I picked her up but I was so sick I just didn't care. Ella was over it by that night.
- Luke's mish-mosh of sickness was better by Saturday morning so he could go to his basketball game but then got much worse in the afternoon to the point he was crying because he said his neck hurt. Neck hurt?? MENINGITIS??
- Aron started to get sick with achiness and feeling yucky around the time Luke started feeling worse. Aron still took him to the Minute Clinic despite his own yuck where they figured out that Luke had an ear infection. Oh and Luke's now impossibly skinny because he's been sick for-ev-er and is down to 39.5# with clothes and shoes on (so he might be somewhere around 39 or maybe even 38.5 without all that on). I think he started out around 42.
- Aron could still possibly get sicker but we're waiting to see how that goes. He claims he has a stronger will than the rest of us but I think that's rubbish. He went to bed around 9 and I think I heard the whimpers of crying.
Yes, the Health Department will be removing the QUARANTINE sign and caution tape sometime in the next 24 hours or so.