Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Live feed portion of the blog

A little while ago, I added a thing called "feedjit" to the blog. It shows where the blog visitors come from. However, it completely does not have my city correct. I show up as Harrod, Oh. Um, I had to look up where that was on a map because it is no where near where I am. When I'm at work and look at it, it either says I'm in Birmingham, AL or Chicago, IL. I would assume this is because we have gigantic servers in both of those regions and the live feed recognizes where I'm being routed from.

Is it accurate for everyone else? I'm just curious.

(As a side note, I don't care who views the blog. They can be familiar or unfamiliar people to us. I just find it interesting to see. I think I have a fairly regular viewer from Moscow which is pretty cool as well as quite a few from California.)

VOTE NOW (cause it makes me happy)

3 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

I have had that same issue and it took me quite a few times of logging on and correcting to get it to stay on Mansfield!! Keep after it ~ eventually, it will work!

Tori :) said...

it just says i'm from the united states for me. :p

Beth said...

It says I am from Rochester Minnesota. Probably because I am checking from work and the main Mayo campus is in Rochester. But I am still in sunny FL.