Wednesday, January 20, 2010

You gotta fight...for your right...to Parrrrrrrrrr-tay!

This party's by invitation only : )
Photo of my mantle decoration courtesy of Ella

Yup another Ella pic (oh, and zip it about the candy cane hanging on the lamp beside it. Luke asked if it could stay out for decoration for a while)


A sampling of favors, tea cups, rings, doilies, gifts, etc.


I don't want to jinx it but I think I might be mostly ready for Ella's big tea party. Invitations are going to be handed out today. The party's not until the 6th but somebody couldn't wait to hand them out.



On the menu will be lemonade (less staining possibilities and I don't have to worry about controlling the temperature of a hot liquid like hot chocolate), PB&J finger sandwiches cut out with tiny cookie cutters, fresh fruit and heart-shaped sugar cookies. I bought real tea cups at Goodwill for the kids (not that I don't trust the kids and all but I don't want them to break mine and a paper cup just isn't the same). Note to my readers: You can find some awesome deals at Goodwill. I got each cup for 50 cents and found a bunch of still in the original package trinkets in their clearance bin for 25 cents to hand out as door prizes. The invitation requested that the girls dress in their girliest attire (dresses, dress up shoes, etc) but we'll supply some accessories like bead necklaces, fancy rings, and tiaras.



We're planning on having 4 different craft stations where the girls can make their own headbands with assorted ribbons, tissue paper flowers, handmade Valentine cards for your Mom/Dad/Grammie/etc, and make-your-own candy bracelets. Hopefully, quite a few of the girls will be able to make it because Ella is so excited she can hardly stand it. I might have to make this a yearly event--gotta justify buying 12 teacups somehow, right?

2 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

I'm excited for Ella, too! I have had tea for my friends complete with scones and clotted cream (sounds disgusting but it's not)! Can't wait to see the pictures ~ you'll have a great time!

Paula said...

I love this idea. It is sooooo Ella.