Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Nope. That's not embarrassing at all

As a fun side note, I made the quilt that he's under when he was born (and the one he's laying on with the red in it is Ella's).

The kids and I went to McDonald's over the weekend while Aron and my Dad were on a little man date (aka they went to a woodworking show--a hobby for both--, dinner, a little shopping, and a basketball game). E and L have been after me for weeks to go to McD's because all their friends have the current toy that you get in the Happy Meals which is from the new Chipmunks movie.

Luke's selection was an Alvin figurine that says "Hello Gorgeous" every time you press his hair. Cute, right? WRONG. Luke quickly figured out that when you repeatedly press his hair, Alvin says "HELL, HELL, HELL, HELL, HELL, HELL , HELL, HELL, HELL, (yes this many times) Hello, Gorgeous" which he thinks is just awesome. He usually feels the need to shout along with Alvin "HELL, HELL, HELL, HELL, HELL, HELL, HELL, HELL, HELL-O Gorgeous!

Yes, it's as awesome as you think it is. And by "awesome" I mean it makes me want to cover his mouth with duct tape.

Disclaimer: No, I have never taped his mouth shut...yet.

4 comments:

Faisal Admar said...

sometimes, we adult have to buy happy meal too, for the sake of the cute toys :)

Tori :) said...

i can't stop laughing... he's definitely your kid.

Annie said...

The biggest irony is that although he is more the adolescent/adult me, Ella is far a closer approximation to what I was as a child. Anyone who knew me as a child could tell you that I was painfully shy and socially awkward for a large portion of grade school.

Tori :) said...

Ella is painfully shy and socially awkward? Are you serious? She seems to do okay at making friends... she might be a little shy around adults every once in awhile, but I see her as a pretty outgoing kid.

And I don't believe that you were ever shy & awkward, although I should because I was, too, from grades 5-9.