Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lords and Lordesses of the Rings

I help out in Ella's classroom on Wednesdays. I like to talk to the kids while things are getting set up to 1.) Be a snoop 2.) Gauge common interests of Ella's peers 3.) To make sure I approve of the kids she hangs out with (Oops...did I say that out loud?).

I asked the one kid what he did the night before. He told me he had McDonald's for dinner and then watched a movie before bed. Then I asked him what he watched. He told me it was the Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. I followed up with some movie specific questions so I would know if he actually did watch the movies. He most definitely had watched it.

Maybe my kids are sheltered but there's no way I would let them watch any parts of any of those movies. They're way too intense and violent for a 5 or 6 year old.

Am I the only one that thinks it's a little crazy to let such a young child watch that violent of a movie? Vote.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Over time, you'll be utterly amazed at what you hear happens in the homes of your children's classmates. I learned this year from a 4th grader that he has Root Beer for breakfast everyday and after consuming 5 donuts at the class party, he declared he was a growing boy - what do you think about that?