Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Love....love will keep us together....


Here's a pic of the kids having a snack inside their fort. You may notice that they are surrounded by chairs with stuffed animals on them...those would be their guards.

(Whenever I think of this song, I think of my Mom letting 2 year old Uncle Jeffy stand on the front seat of their car (yes, while she was driving--there were no car seats waaaaaaaaay back then) and dance to this song by Captain and Tenille. He would shake his little booty like there was no tomorrow. For those of you who know my brother, the thought of him shaking his diapered little moneymaker to Love Will Keep Us Together is hilarious. Hi-lar-i-ous).

I love that the kids enjoy playing together. When Aron and I were deciding when to have our children, we knew that we wanted to have them close together in age to enjoy all the benefits of a sibship. I think that it's worked out really well. The only hard part was when Ella was 2 and Luke was a baby. It was pretty hard then because we were overwhelmed and sleep deprived 95% of the time but it has gotten better as they get older.
Most of the time, the kids get along famously. They laugh at each others jokes, enjoy the same cartoons, and just generally enjoy being with the other one. When Ella goes to school, Luke will tell me that he misses her. He loves it on Wedsnesdays when I volunteer in Ella's class. He gets to go with me and feel like one of the big kids. He's got a little thing for E's teacher, Mrs. Porter, and likes to gab with her. When he and I go into the classroom, he and Ella run to each other and hug (yes, it's a little sickening) like they haven't seen each other in months. Ella always makes sure that he has a chair right by her. If it happens to be snack time, she makes sure that she gives him half of hers (again, it's a little sickening). When we go to leave, there's at least 4 or 5 of the other kindergarteners standing behind Ella in line to get a hug from Luke. I think he's some sort of mascot for the class at this point but without, you know, the big fuzzy head, bulging eyes, and overexaggerated antics.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Once again, darn you Annie. Enough said! Help, Tori.

Tori :) said...

he does kind of have the fuzzy head and overexaggerated antics sometimes... i mean, he got his dad's hair, after all...

Con said...

This one kind of made me want to vomit.