Sunday, December 13, 2009

C-C-C-C-C-C-Cinnamon

Yes, you'll need this whole tub of cinnamon (4 cups)...and a jar of applesauce (3 cups)...and some Elmer's glue (1/2 cup). It will make your house smell AWESOME! Note to self: next time S-L-O-W-L-Y add the cinnamon to the applesauce. If you just dump it in all in one big heap, it will puff up in a big cloud causing massive amounts of coughing and sputtering. The inside of my lungs were a cinnamon-infused haze.

Mix it all around in a big ol' bowl

Pile it in a big lump and cover it with saran wrap.

Did anyone else ever make cinnamon Christmas ornaments (click on the link to get the recipe)when they were a kid? I remember making these when I was in the 4th grade, I think. I'm not sure what happened to my keepsake ornament (ehem, MOM) but I do have the memory of doing it...I think in Mrs. Peterman's class but I'm not sure. We invited some family over today and had A BLAST making them. See also next post for pix.

No comments: