Monday, October 13, 2008

Pre-K update


Ella's been having a great time at Pre-K. I feel very out of the loop with the whole process, though, because I only go there one time a week. On Tuesdays, Aron drops her off on his way to work (I'm already at work at that time) and then my Mom picks her up. On Fridays, Aron and I both drop her off on our way to work and my Mom picks her up. I don't feel like I've made a connection with where I take her yet. I'm hoping this will change once Luke starts going to pre-school there, too, and Aron and I will start picking them up on Fridays.
Everytime she goes, I quiz her on what she did that day. She usually hangs out with Elizabeth and Maci who I understand are her new BFFs. One of the first times she went to pre-K, she came home and said "Mommy, Mommy, I have a best friend! Her name is Elizabeth but sometimes people call her Beth and she asked me if I would be her best friend and I said YES!" She said that when they go to the bathroom Elizabeth gets her paper towels to dry her hands(truly they are meant to be together forever, right?). Ella says that Maci is kind of quiet but she likes her anyway.
She really likes her teacher, Mrs. Lori (I'm still working on getting a picture of her but as previously mentioned, I'm not there much). Ella even made her a craft and took it to school for her. So sweet.
They've done all kinds of crazy fun things at pre-K this year. They got to ride a school bus (they even let little brothers come along, too, if you know who I'm talking about). We're responsible for a snack every few months so we've taken pretzel rings, grapes, and Trader Joe's nutri-grain bars. This Friday is fun little occasion called "Daddys and doughnuts." The kids get to invite their Dads to come for a couple hours to eat doughnuts, sing songs, and get crafty. Have a good time, Aron!

No comments: