Sunday, October 26, 2008

My favorite doctor in the whole wide world

Who's the best little patient?
Who would've rather stayed asleep in the car?

Recently, I took Ella for an exam at my favorite doctor in the whole wide world. For purposes of this blog, we'll call him Dr. S (remember I try to keep things anonymous just in case there are any crazy people out there). He's been my eye doctor for a bazillion years (probably since I was 15 or so). Aron and I wanted to get her eyes check out, not because she was having a problem, but just because my eyes went bad fairly young and we want to keep on top of this.

Her eyes were fine. Dr. S said that she's a little bit far-sighted as all children are supposed to be at this age. She is to go back in a year for a recheck. As a reward for being so good during the exam, Dr. S made both kids a balloon sword (hey, wait a minute. In all the years I went to him, I never ever got any balloon animals! I think I got robbed!). I think he may have regretted it once they started whacking the daylights out of one another in the lobby while I was paying. They stopped hitting each other once they realized they could rub their fingers on the balloon and make an awful screeching sound. Dr. S said that in the 23 years he's been making baloon animals for kids he's never had children do that before.


Way to be the first, kids.


Once we got outside and were walking to our car, the kids started beating on each other again with the swords. It was all fun and games until Luke tripped and fell on his sword in the parking lot. Darn.


Buh-bye balloon sword.

No comments: