Thursday, August 21, 2008

Derby-tastic!




A few weeks ago, Luke and I went to a demolitian derby. For my friends who do not know of this event, click here. Ella was feeling a little under the weather so she stayed home with Aron who was also not up to going.
The derby we went to was a bit unique. Instead of cars, it featured trucks and combines. That's right. Combines. In all seriousness, it kind of reminded me of the scenes in Cars where they go tractor tipping and the tractors get all mad and stuff.
I think the craziest feature of the entire thing were the people who paid an extra $3 to get into the infield to watch it up close. Come on, people! Do you really think that a tiny little cement barrier is going to keep a big combine from running you over while you sit there and eat your funnel cake? I mean, look at the bottom picture (click on it if you need a closer view) and how close these people were front getting run over. Crazy!

No comments: