Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I am my sister's keeper


He has some redeeming qualities, too. He is definitely Ella's protector. Aron and I were playing around a couple weeks ago around Ella's birthday and pretending to spank her. Aron was (pretend) spanking Ella and she was laughing and yelling around. However, Luke was very serious that he did not find it funny. He walked right up to Aron and said "Daddy! No 'pank Ella! You stop it! Now!" and yanked at Aron's arm to stop him. I've never seen the little guy get so serious so fast. I think it's the first time I've ever actually seen him angry. He's so mild mannered that he never gets mad.
Yesterday, I took Ella to the hospital to have an x-ray and ultrasound done on her belly. She's been a little bloaty lately and her pediatrician wanted us to do these tests on her. In order for the technician to do the x-ray of her belly, I had to unsnap and unzip Ella's jeans and pull them down (so the metal snap and zipper did not get into the x-ray and obscure the view). Luke saw what I was doing and told me "No Mommy! Leave pants on! Cover Ella up!"
What will my little guy do when the first suitor comes calling on his sister?

No comments: