Saturday, March 17, 2007

It's not a habit, it's cool..........I'm not an addict, baby..........

That's a lie. Luke is such a little food addict. His current addiction? Pretzels and grapes. In the last couple weeks, I've gone through two bags of pretzel sticks because he (and Ella a little bit, too) cannot get enough of them. Well, and Myles came over and ate a few, too, so I guess I can't attribute ALL of the gluttony on Luke but seriously, it's becoming a nasty little habit. He wants them first thing in the morning, he wants them after his nap, he wants them before he goes to bed. IT'S GOT TO STOP! His little kidneys will soon go into overload mode from all the excess salt.

I've also gone to the store 3 times in the last 10 days or so to buy more and more grapes. I think I became his hero when I poked a grape on the end of a pretzel. He carried it around like a trophy for about 5 minutes before chomping off the grape and the end of the pretzel and laughing like a fool.

He had a brief fling with edamame this past week, too, but then he decided he didn't like it any more after he saw Ella reject it. I tried to point out to him that he had been eating it like crazy for the previous 5 minutes before he saw her rejection but he wouldn't have any part of it. Caving in to peer pressure already? Tsk. Tsk.

No comments: