Thursday, March 08, 2007

I will get to the bottom of this, oh yes, I WILL get to the bottom of this...


Someone has taught Ella how to whistle. She likes to run around the house, whistling at the top of her, well, whistle. It's loud. It's piercing. It cuts through any other sound. The thing is...I didn't teach her how to whistle. One day last week she just started doing it and hasn't stopped ever since.
IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE!
I don't want to yell at her to stop (although, I have been known to ask her to use her "indoor whistle" in an effort to keep my sanity) because she's not hurting anything and she's just being silly. I asked her over the weekend who taught her to whistle. She said that Daddy had taught her. When Daddy got home, I asked him if he had taught her. He denies the teaching (rats!). After he denied it, he asked Ella again who taught her to whistle. This time her reply was that Miss Lori had taught her. Miss Lori, huh? Innocent looking Miss Lori who teaches story hour? The letter of the day last week was W so it would make sense that she taught all the kids how to do it in honor of the letter.
I saw Miss Lori yesterday at story hour. I cornered her about having taught Ella to whistle. She denied it. Her claim is that when she asked if any of the kids could whistle last week, Ella put in her whistling 2 cents worth. Miss Lori was impressed with her whistling ways but denied having taught her the mechanics of it. Curses. Foiled again.
I have now asked everyone who even remotely comes in contact with Ella if they taught her how. Everyone denies it. I think everyone's conspiring against me. I think someone has secretly taught her how and is now sitting back, laughing at my fate. I will find out who you are, Whistly McWhistlerson. Oh yes, I will find out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty impressive that she can whistle at 3! I just have to say, though, that I'm glad it's YOUR kid that's advanced in this particular area and not mine!

Anonymous said...

That's better than Ha Ha Hee Hee while you work!!!!! Maybe Lukie taught her.

Anonymous said...

That's true, I am the Whistle Master. Could she have just picked it up based on her pre-disposition to the whistle and listening to me? An interesting theory, my dear friend.