Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Dancer-rina

I don't believe I've posted about this for awhile but Ella's still doing ballet. She continues to love it.

Her dance studio is wonderful. They're very reasonably priced and very laid back. Her instructor is also the owner of the studio. The recital costumes are always very tasteful and at a decent price. She's been with quite a few of the girls for the majority of the time she's been doing it.


Memba this 3 y.o. girl from her very first recital? Love her baby chub!
She's in the purple leotard with the pink flower headband.


I'm not well versed in ballet but I think Ella's doing one of the positions. Something about opening the window and closing the window.


Group skipping in a circle. They seem to do that a lot. This must be important to the team dancing competition.


I told E this was the move where it looks like she's pinching her own bum. She didn't find it as funny as I did. I think that might be a ballet move, too. Who knows. I just pay the tuition, ok?


This might be first position...maybe...


I think this is where she was one of the Lords a Leaping...



This might be an arabesque. It's sad that after almost 6 years of this I still don't know anything about it.

1 comment:

Tori :) said...

Yes, she was doing a position... she was in 2nd. In the other picture, I'm guessing it was 1st position -- based on the posture --but it's hard to judge since I can't see anyone's feet. ;)